Super grateful to the lovely annaslittlething for the nomination, here was I minding my business and I got the notification from her that made my day. If you’re also an avid reader, a K-pop fan or just would like to follow someone sweet and interesting, I’d suggest a visit to her blog.
The Liebster Award literally only exists for the online blogging community; from bloggers, to bloggers, by bloggers. Pretty lit, right?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers, but no more than 11 who deserve the award
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer
Anna’s Questions (and my answers)
A good, darkskin, God-loving boy that has a great relationship with his mother. Ok no, I’m kidding guys, funnily enough, it’s almonds. I know, a bit dry right? But unfortunately I had to cut out biscuits and crisps from my diet because I’d let myself gooooo during my first year of university. So right now, almonds are the only snacks I can proudly eat after the gym without feeling like a whale.
2.First childhood memory?
I don’t know why but I can’t decide between the memory of the ugly socks my parents made me and my older sisters wear for church recitals OR my dad taking me and my sisters to primary school in Nigeria and buying us chocolates on the way there.
3.Reality show you love?(I’m obsessed with TLC this month :D)
Technically this just finished but Love Island was greaaaaaaaat. For those that haven’t heard of it, I’m sorry I can’t even begin to explain what it’s like but all you need to know is that the day it finished was the day I realised I still had a family.
4. Weird thing you find attractive in people?
The little quirks they have, like the tiniest littlest things that can be seen as “imperfect” by others; for example, if someone has crooked teeth or just… I don’t know, a crooked smile. However, I draw the line at certain quirks, if you’re just plain strange then idk.
5.Summer or Winter?
This is hard… I’ll go with Summer purely because I don’t have to be scared of the wind smacking my face everytime I step out of my house.
6.What’s your favorite social media platform?
Twitter, literally I sometimes choke from laughter on the things I see on there + it’s a great platform to connect with fellow Christians and bloggers alike.
7.What good book have you read recently?
I’m literally shaking as I write this but none. On a serious note, uni tried to kill my passion for reading but I have promised myself I’ll read at least 5 books by Nigerian authors by the end of summer so when I do, I’ll get back to yous on them.
8.What inspired you to begin blogging?
In the first place? It was my love of words and I wanted a platform where I could put out all my thoughts down. Now in 2017? I just want to help others grow as much as I have in the past year, share nuggets of wisdom, show others how to build up their self-esteem and maybe even inspire some to follow and love Christ too.
9.Where do you see yourself a year from now?
Being even more in love with Christ than I am now, enjoying life to the absolute fullest, and finding new reasons to love myself. Oh and hopefully, I would have reached the private goals I’ve set for myself.
10.If you were to write a letter to your younger self, what would you say?
This one is easy:
If you were made in God’s image how can you be ugly? There is nothing wrong with the way your arms are, or how thick your thighs are. Learn to love yourself first before trying to learn to love these boys. Also, you’re a flower waiting to bloom, don’t let your confidence be knocked down by mean people because these bullies will love you later on in life.
Ps: Don’t stress, you’re too young for that.
11.Bath or shower?
Shower. No offence to bath lovers but growing up in an African home= a phobia of baths because our parents describe it as “sitting in your own dirt”. Plus, with showers, I feel so much more refreshed and like I can take on whatever a day may throw at me.
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What would your red flags be if entering a new relationship?
- What do you wish could be studied as a degree in university (college for Americans) that isn’t considered educational? (mine is a BA in Talking Too Much)
- Is there anything you wish your younger self knew that you know now?
- What’s the most ironic thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen someone get upset about?
- Where is the best place you’ve ever vacationed at?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve eaten out of politeness?
- What are the signs of a toxic friendship to you?
I hope anyone that had the time to read all this actually enjoyed it.